Thursday, August 23, 2012

THE TRUE RAGS TO RICHES STORY

Published on March 25, 2012



Some look at my success today and feel that I must have been lucky or
born into what I have. However, I still clearly remember growing up
as a child in the Ponce De Leon projects in Tampa, Florida, watching
my mother work multiple jobs to take care of me. Just like many
children of single parent households I was dropped off at daycare run
by the neighborhood baby sitter.



During those days the only qualifications for someone to have a
daycare were a roof, electricity and food. There were no special
educational, sanitary, or student to teacher ratio guidelines like
today. The lady who kept me had a high school level education and
earned less than $1500 a month. She was a good person, but given the
fact that I learned more about who died and came back to life on all
the popular soap operas, rather than how to count, read, or write, she
wasn't the most ideal person to be watching children at the beginning
of their learning years.



But my mother had to do what she had to do. Even though she knew I
wasn't in the best environment, she'd always uplift me by telling me.
As a result, instead of taking the sitter's words at the daycare and
growing up to be a big chicken in the coop, I decided to take my
mother's words and create a way to soar like an Eagle.



Environment is everything, so in school I created an environment for
me to be a provider. When I was 14 years old I cut hair to make money,
then got tired of doing all the work myself and discovered leverage by
buying candy in bulk and recruiting people to sell it for me. One of
the 12 people I recruited was Earlene Lilly, who is now Earlene Buggs,
my wife and best friend.



I went to College to get an Engineering degree, but ultimately I
realized the salary of an Engineer would not afford me the lifestyle
and financial freedom I desired. In 1996, at the age of 27, I started
my first of many businesses. My wife Earlene and I owned a furniture
company. Although we had money, a nice house and nice cars, we were
time poor. I was a slave to the business because no one could do what
I needed done better than me. The economy got bad overseas so the
cost of importing sky rocketed, and like many businesses today I had
to pass the cost on to the customers. There were larger furniture
companies with more resources so they could do things I could not
compete with and eventually we went out of business.



I knew I had to do something different so I heard about this thing
called Network Marketing from a friend. I got started and for 7 years
I never earned more than $500 for the whole month. My organization
never grew to more than 50 people and those 50 were not all in at the
same time. Many, including my wife, thought I was crazy for sticking
around like I did, but because I found a Champion who had all the
things I wanted, I listened to him instead. I would find all the
successful people in the company and while people were asking for
autographs and pictures I was standing to the side listening to what
they were saying, taking notes, and recording them with my tape
recorder. While people were at home sleeping I was up late at night
reviewing my notes and listening to what I had recorded over and over
again so that I could absorb all they knew and apply it for myself.



In 7 years of never earning more than $500 in a month, I never missed
a meeting I qualified to attend because I knew the value of the
information and knowledge at the events. I was mentored from afar by
a Billionaire who now earns a million dollars every 17 minutes in
Network Marketing. $250,000 in debt from our furniture business, 45
days away from foreclosure, with my Lexus repossessed, something had
to change. Then I got the call that changed my Network Marketing
career and laid the foundation for where I am today.



I joined my next company. Due to the right timing along with having
the right people on my list that even though I was afraid to call, I
did anyway, we earned millions of dollars and helped a few more
families do the same in a very short period of time. Many people
looked at us thinking we were lucky, when the truth was it was really
Labor Under Correct Knowledge and us paying the full price. Just like
the story of the Chinese Bamboo tree which grows underground for years
with no sign of growth above ground. Then suddenly it shoots up to
over 100 feet tall, in what seems like just a few days, when the truth
is it was preparing a foundation and because of the strong root system
already in place, exponential growth was possible.



I never join a company if I feel there will be an expiration date, so
when we did part ways with that company we made the decision to do so
based on what was best for our organization and their families. When
you are in the frame you sometimes cannot see the picture, but due to
my position in the company I saw the full picture and it was not
aligning with what we knew would be best for the long term. So after 5
years of building with that company we parted ways.



Transitioning a group of any size is not an easy task. Many become so
attached to the company they lose sight that it is a business
decision, thereby creating a false sense of security. So when we began
telling them it is time to go, here come the "we hate you", "beware",
"hide your money and run" online bloggers. Funny story - I was at an
event somewhere and one lady said she Googled me and she was really
excited about meeting me. My response was "Huh? You Googled me and
you STILL wanted to meet me???"



I invested time looking for another home, and the company we found
really looked like it was it. I loved the leadership that was in
place and the culture at the company, so we headed over and shot
straight to the top. Due to our success we got a lot of calls from
people wanting to recruit us to different companies or fly us in or
something, and since I believe in building relationships, I would at
least listen to them out of respect. One day I got a call from a
business associate of mine jumping with excitement, telling me he had
found the best product for Network Marketing.



At this point I had been in Networking Marketing for 18 years and sold
everything you can think of, so I could only begin to imagine what he
was talking about. I was thinking they found a way to market
"wireless electricity" or something! I asked him what it was and
after posturing and pausing so he can deliver what he thought was
incredible, he said "coffee". He might as well have said "coffins"
because I wasn't any more interested in coffee as I was coffins. I
didn't drink coffee so I told him I wasn't interested but I would wish
him the best. He wanted to send me some for free so I gave him my
address simply because if he came to visit I at least wanted to serve
him his coffee and not something else, out of respect.



I got the coffee and set it in my pantry never to think of it again
because I wasn't looking for an opportunity. I would go in the pantry
every day and get my zebra cake snacks, which sat right next to the
box of coffee he sent and kept on about my day. We continued building
with the company we were in having a good time, planning for a long
term run. Then the unexpected happened when the company we were with
faced some legal issues we had no control over. The press had a field
day and so did the online bloggers. As a result people panicked,
business dropped drastically and so did everyone's checks. As a
leader everyone was looking at me for the answer. My household was
financially secure but many on my team weren't, so I knew I had to
make a decision. I went to get another zebra cake and the first thing
I saw, for the first time in four months, was the box of coffee. I
was suddenly open for an opportunity, and there it was. Even though
it was there in my face for months I didn't see it, my eyes were
closed wide open. Immediately, I felt convicted because here I was
teaching everyone about being open to opportunity and I had been so
closed.



I opened the box of Latte', that was then called "4 in 1", pulled out
the green sachet, poured it into a cup, added hot water and took my
first sip. I wasn't a coffee drinker and didn't know what coffee
should taste like. So I gave some to my wife who is always honest and
no matter what will tell you what she really thinks about something,
and her feedback was, "this tastes better than Starbucks!" Starbucks
is a multi-billion dollar company so my business sensors went off
immediately.



I put in a request for more coffee so I could get more feedback. I
shared samples with my neighbors, and 7 out of the 10 I sampled wanted
to purchase or become distributors. The other three wanted to know if
they could invest in the company. My neighbors are pretty well to do
financially, so I expected them to recognize and support my
entrepreneurship endeavor. I needed some real feedback; and nobody
gives real feedback like negative broke people, so I called my family.
We joke about that every time I share it because no matter how
successful you are, 9 times out of 10 your family will always see you
as who you were when you were growing up and give you the hardest
time.



I sent my mom a box of the Latte and asked her to just taste it for me
and let me know how she felt. I never told her I was evaluating a
business, so she just thought I was sending her coffee. She called me
after I sent it to her and told me she needed more because she SOLD
two boxes. I was taken back because I just told her to sample it, not
sell it. She said she wasn't trying to but since I wanted feedback,
when she took the box in the coffee break room at her job and gave
free samples to her co-workers, they all came back talking about how
it made them feel good and they wanted more. At that moment I knew we
had found it.



The Reason I said YES! to OrGano Gold:



My mother has been in every Network Marketing company I have been in,
never ever earning a commission check with her name on it. She earns
less than $2500 per month at her job and so do her friends. We would
tell her to build a list of all her friends, she would call them and
as soon as she told them how much the product was, both of them would
tell her no - she never got further than two friends. Here she was
on her lunch break at her job after just giving free samples to people
she knew drank coffee already, and she'd earned $40. If my mother
could do it anybody could!



I immediately called a meeting with my leaders and we launched our
OrGano Gold businesses on September 28, 2008. There were already
about 7000 distributors in the company so I wasn't the very first to
get in. I started as a distributor with a Gold Pack just like
everyone else and worked the business for the first 90 days as if I
was $250,000 in debt, 45 days away from foreclosure and facing
repossession again. I hardly slept, ate, or saw my family - a
sacrifice well worth it because I knew those 90 days would set us up
for a lifetime.



After achieving great results because of the system we had created as
leaders, Mr. Chua asked me to take on the role of VP of Sales for the
company. It was a position I was happy to take because one of the
reasons why I chose OrGano Gold when I did was that the leadership on
a corporate level was not already fully in place so there was an
opportunity for me to earn a voice in the company to protect the
field. Based on past experiences, I felt if I could get a strong
voice at the corporate leadership level, I knew we would have a place
to call home and create the generational wealth that is available in
Network Marketing.



No matter my title, I am a distributor at heart. Every decision I
make is with the field in mind first. I am a business man who simply
uses Network Marketing as a platform to distribute goods and services.
Partnering with OrGano Gold has been the best business decision and
biggest success in my career. When you judge someone the best way to
do so is by their fruits. I'm excited to say we have a lot of fruit
that are completely financially free.

--
click to join ORGANO GOLD www.royalteam.organogold.com/r/US/join.html

No comments:

Post a Comment